Friday, April 3, 2009
We made it past Amy's birthday. We cannot get any answers from any doctors. The only thing they can tell us is that she is a fighter, it's a miracle she is alive, & they wish they could make miracles happen. Its gotten to the point now when a doctor comes into our room we can put words into their mouths. We know they are going to say there is nothing we can do but wait and see. Amy and I went on a rampage yesterday and demanded face to face meetings with any and everyone that has anything to do with Remi's care. If they could not be here in person we demanded they be paged and call us back. Some how we got it. We got every face to face and everyone returned our call. They may not have been happy with us, but we did get more answers. We were sick of getting answers third person. We also needed and need objective opinions. We are in totally uncharted territory and no one knows what to do. The people in charge of her care want to keep on doing what they have been doing for the past 7 days since surgery. We said "no" we want to come up with alternative methods. We have tried magnet therapy, dipping Remi's hand in warm water, and running the faucet. We need her kidneys to start up and start to make urine. A nephrologist will be coming in tomorrow. You may be asking yourself why he hasn't come earlier. Well he was on vacation for the last 2 weeks. When we needed a cardiologist he was on vacation. There is a theme there. We are no turning away opinions. We also want to talk to anyone that may be able to shed light on our baby girl's situation.